Monday, October 22, 2007

First Ski Tour of the Year...

I'm back! Now that Ski season is officially here, I will start posting more shiz. We took a lot of trips this summer and with that came even more pictures... i had so much material to post that I chose not to post any of it. Makes sense, right?

While Sundance boasts an impressive 5 inch base atop Arrowhead, the Cottonwoods enjoy a solid 30+ inch base. Not too bad o' conditions for October. Most of these were taken from the first part of the tour on Patsy Marley and Mt. Wolverine. Only ran into one other two-man party all day, while 100's skied moguls at alta and snowbird. I went with a rad crew and had a great day. Saw about 9 inches of freshies that skied more like 6 or so... it wasn't as deep as it was fast, creamy and fun. See the video at the end of this post for a great visual report.





CJ Whittaker's nice backside skinning up to Wolverine as the sun rises:


This picture has some crazy color layers above the valley from the sunrise... too bad the horizon is all crooked... stupid horizon.

October freshies video!!

6 comments:

Shelly Bean said...

you are my hero...
i am serious

Professor Plum said...

beany, i don't appreciate yer sarcasm.

jarv said...

You LUCKY buttface! Just kidding I'm just jealous

jarv said...

I'll try to talk Shelby into getting you what's on your wish list for your next bday. that's hot

Marc said...

Shizam. Holed up in my city office, I'm one jealous m*********** right now.

Professor Plum said...

"I'm one jealous marc bohn"?

Marc, it's not as fun as it looks. I'm jealous of yer office life... you dont see NBC making hit shows about my skiing filled life, but you do see them making hit shows about "the office" life. NBC doesn't lie... your office life is way better. If i make it out east soon, you'll show me the glitz and glamour? That actually would be really cool.