Monday, November 5, 2007

Moab - The Whole Enchilada


High pressure is still dominating into the first week of November... gotta play bikes until it starts snowing again. Moab makes me wanna puke from sensory overload (see photo's below. click on 'em to see their actual girth). What would I do without a short drive to Southern Utah during the "in-between" seasons... I'd pro'ly puke I guess. Either way... I'm pukin.

Saturday, we linked up 4 trails (called The Whole Enchilada) starting high in the La Sal's which dropped us almost 7000 vertical feet. Hazard County trail, to the Kokopelli trail, to the UPS trail, finishing on the glorious Porcupine Rim Trail. Why is that ride so freakin fun? When I do it again, I'll skip the Hazard County trail and just start at the Kokopelli trail... I promise, you'll be laughin. After riding the Kokopelli section, it was hard to find words... we just looked at each other and laughed... hard and long. The UPS trail is a playground and what can I say about the Porc... let's just say she's completely Kosher. Floatin down Porcupine on 6 inches of fluffy travel, to quote the male model Hansel, will "change your perspective on shit." (he's so hot right now)


Sunday morning found us bombin' Amasa Back. The joy found therein made me feel guilty for ever questioning whether or not to ride it... the kind of guilt that cuts to the core and makes your lip quiver.
Let me know if any of you want pics from the trip and I'll hook you up!


Steam risin off the Colorado river at sunrise:


I caught scott dealin' crack at the camp site:

Then I caught scott smoking crack at the camp site:

More Camp site shots:




Where's Des?
























A couple shots taken through my sunglass lens:



The only group shot I got... and it's a partial one:


















Magical campsite video:




3 comments:

JPizzle said...

I'm laughin' and pukin' still.

jarv said...

Oh how I miss the coveted campsite!

Professor Plum said...

She's a beauty.